Winning radical independence for Wales requires a network of organisations to communicate our ideas, bring people together and agitate for the transformation we want to see. That’s why we’ll be sharing highlights from Wales’ growing grassroots media that you may have missed.
- Desolation Radio have been providing regular analysis of the Welsh government’s pandemic response [Spotify] [Soundcloud] [Apple Podcasts], including a detailed discussion on the science of the Covid-19.
- Voice.Wales is centring the experiences of working class people during the pandemic. See “we are being sacrificed” for a dispatch from frontline workers.
- Wales.pol is a new channel creating podcasts and videos centring grassroots campaigns in Wales – from renters’ rights to fighting for justice for Christopher Kapessa.
- Our own Dan Evans’ latest article is an essential need: No going back to normal
- Laura McAllister’s bold columns in WalesOnline have been a rare voice in the mainstream media for transforming Welsh society after lockdown.
- Valleys Underground, the community and political action network has launched a new YouTube channel – their debut video looks at the failures of devolution.
In O’r Pedwar Gwynt, former GP Gruffudd Penrhyn Jones reflects on the way in which the response to Covid-19 plays into some old myths – especially that of the Other. (Cymraeg)
In Nation.Cymru another of our members, Robat Idris writes as on how Covid-19 has exposed the longstanding challenges faced by rural communities in Wales (Cymraeg / English).